Login    Register
  • Author
    Message

Re: Bobby Charlton, vastly under-rated

Postby Alf » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:57 pm

I shared a lift with him at the Thistle Hotel in Manchester once. Very uncomfortable 30 seconds, the sexual tension was electric.
Surrender or you'll die
Alf
King of teh internetz
 
Posts: 31683
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:23 pm
Location: Pissflap Street
G Rating: G1

Re: Bobby Charlton, vastly under-rated

Postby I.R.D » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:03 pm

we get it,you're an abu :uhoh:

man city, 4 years ago had a vastly greater academy then they ruined it by whoring themselves out
but squad for squad united have more home grown talent
I.R.D
I'm the king of the jungle baby
 
Posts: 25780
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:29 pm
G Rating: G1

Re: Bobby Charlton, vastly under-rated

Postby EFC » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:04 pm

I shared a lift with John Alridge once. It was the day after Tranmere had been relegated when he was manager and he smelled of a mixture of whiskey, cheap aftershave and dissapointment. ( This is how I actually imagined him to smell anyway, so I was delighted)
EFC
Did you smash it?
 
Posts: 1548
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:42 am
G Rating: G2

Re: Bobby Charlton, vastly under-rated

Postby Mr Fontin » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:04 pm

I love how manc united brand clients seem to think their club aren't king of all when it comes to buying success. After 25+ years of no league title and little success, they float on the stock market, nearly immediately win the league, cry about being sold with their "not for sale" bollocks when they were since they were on a fucking stock market. They owe 90% of their success down to money. Alex Ferguson was on the verge of being sacked before the money kicked in. Without money he'd have been sacked, they'd have continued to be shit and wouldn't have had the success they have. When it comes to making their own players, in modern times they've had 1 successful crop. The rest have been one-offs and usually bought from abroad. Their success is built around money (now debt) and without money there would be nothing but near misses. They'd basically be Racist Merseyside Red Sox with an extra 20 years of hurt.
Yes I am a member of the Football Supporters Federation.
Mr Fontin
Suspected Fantasist
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:56 pm
G Rating: G2

Re: Bobby Charlton, vastly under-rated

Postby I.R.D » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:08 pm

Mr Fontin wrote:I love how manc united brand clients seem to think their club aren't king of all when it comes to buying success. After 25+ years of no league title and little success, they float on the stock market, nearly immediately win the league, cry about being sold with their "not for sale" bollocks when they were since they were on a fucking stock market. They owe 90% of their success down to money. Alex Ferguson was on the verge of being sacked before the money kicked in. Without money he'd have been sacked, they'd have continued to be shit and wouldn't have had the success they have. When it comes to making their own players, in modern times they've had 1 successful crop. The rest have been one-offs and usually bought from abroad. Their success is built around money (now debt) and without money there would be nothing but near misses. They'd basically be Merseyside Red Sox with an extra 20 years of hurt.

what an absolute pile of steaming horseshit
just cos you make long winded 'points' and remember back to the 80's doesnt make you right,it just makes you look an illinformed mong that we all know you are
I.R.D
I'm the king of the jungle baby
 
Posts: 25780
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:29 pm
G Rating: G1

Re: Bobby Charlton, vastly under-rated

Postby Mr Fontin » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:21 pm

I.R.D wrote:
Mr Fontin wrote:I love how manc united brand clients seem to think their club aren't king of all when it comes to buying success. After 25+ years of no league title and little success, they float on the stock market, nearly immediately win the league, cry about being sold with their "not for sale" bollocks when they were since they were on a fucking stock market. They owe 90% of their success down to money. Alex Ferguson was on the verge of being sacked before the money kicked in. Without money he'd have been sacked, they'd have continued to be shit and wouldn't have had the success they have. When it comes to making their own players, in modern times they've had 1 successful crop. The rest have been one-offs and usually bought from abroad. Their success is built around money (now debt) and without money there would be nothing but near misses. They'd basically be Merseyside Red Sox with an extra 20 years of hurt.

what an absolute pile of steaming horseshit
just cos you make long winded 'points' and remember back to the 80's doesnt make you right,it just makes you look an illinformed mong that we all know you are

Why is it horseshit?
Come on. I've backed my argument up with reasons. So come on, IRD. Let's hear yours. Let's hear how Manc United weren't for sale. How them being mega rich didn't help them win the league. How they never spent mega money on Keane, Cole, etc. How loads of youngsters have come off the Manc United ranks every year, and these youngsters weren't imported from Brazil or Italy.

Educate yourself you silly little man. Go read exactly what Manc United were in 1990. They were a real shitty club, with huge potential, loads of supporters and... well they were Racist Merseyside Red Sox FC circa 2011, but with bigger crowds. They always bottled it though. Always. They floated. Got money which allowed them to extend the ground, which increased revenue, this went into team building and youth development and what followed is success and lots of it. They got success at the perfect time with the launch of the Premier League. Fergie was a perfect manager for them and they were brilliantly managed at boardroom level. Ultimately though, without the money they'd have been none of this.
Yes I am a member of the Football Supporters Federation.
Mr Fontin
Suspected Fantasist
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:56 pm
G Rating: G2

Re: Bobby Charlton, vastly under-rated

Postby I.R.D » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:25 pm

i refuse to get into any kind of debate with a grown adult who refers to a team as manc united
grow the fuck up you weirdo :uhoh:
I.R.D
I'm the king of the jungle baby
 
Posts: 25780
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:29 pm
G Rating: G1

Re: Bobby Charlton, vastly under-rated

Postby Mr Fontin » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:45 pm

What does he say?

I.R.D wrote:i refuse to get into any kind of debate with a grown adult who refers to a team as manc united
grow the fuck up you weirdo :uhoh:


Nowt said.
Yes I am a member of the Football Supporters Federation.
Mr Fontin
Suspected Fantasist
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:56 pm
G Rating: G2

Re: Bobby Charlton, vastly under-rated

Postby Jude » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:06 pm

Interesting. As I understand MU built their wealth and therefore their success on sound business principles and a loyal paying support. The two being symbiotic if you will, though perhaps a better word would be parasitic. You wouldn't have one without the other, but who really benefits from the relationship? Anyway, the only comparable club of the last twenty years would be Arsenal.

I appreciate the sound business principles have been largely negated by the US ownership but like it or not, almost all football success of the last 5-10 has been primarily down to generous benefactors and reckless disregard of the principles on which a successful business is run.
No, the moon ain't romantic, it's intimidating as hell and some guy's trying to sell me a watch
Jude
The Rock>>>Con Air
 
Posts: 2168
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:03 pm
Location: Balancing a diamond on a blade of grass
G Rating: G1

Re: Bobby Charlton, vastly under-rated

Postby STONE ISLAND CASUAL » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:07 pm

I cant stand Bobby Charlton.
STONE ISLAND CASUAL
I'm the king of the jungle baby
 
Posts: 24707
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:08 pm
G Rating: G1

Re: Bobby Charlton, vastly under-rated

Postby Grampus » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:45 pm

STONE ISLAND CASUAL wrote:I cant stand Bobby Charlton.


Me neither, he's bent.
Grampus
Aye, oh Aye.
 
Posts: 9238
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:23 pm
G Rating: G1

Re: Bobby Charlton, vastly under-rated

Postby STONE ISLAND CASUAL » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:51 pm

When you're old, you're supposed to develop wisdom, but he has just become more bent.


Yeah we get it, you used to play for them, stop dining out on it :hohu:
STONE ISLAND CASUAL
I'm the king of the jungle baby
 
Posts: 24707
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:08 pm
G Rating: G1

Re: Bobby Charlton, vastly under-rated

Postby Ozymandias » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:30 am

Ambassador Charlton, always on the brink of tears :adore:

Man Utd have occassional sensibles splurges, the value of which cannot be compared with other signings because clubs milk man utd dry (such is their bitterness) once they see that Man Utd's world famous scouting network has picked one of their players as potential man utd material. Veron aside, the big spends have always been worth it. Compare that to man city and chelsea, who spunked hundreds of millions in 1 transfer window, spending sums such as 26 million on lescott and thirty on milner :spaz: Chelsea did marginally better as they snaked any player man utd were after. Duff, Robben, Essien, all should have been man utd players. and it on was this hijacking of the years of effort and expertise that man utd put into their scouting that chelsea have built any of their success.
Ozymandias
King of teh internetz
 
Posts: 38809
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:42 pm
Location: I prefer Los Angeles
G Rating: G1

Re: Bobby Charlton, vastly under-rated

Postby Deirdre R » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:57 am

Mr Fontin showing himself up as usual. :?

We get it, mate.

You support some shitty little team that no-one cares about, you're one of the five fans in the ground, there every week, through wind and rai n, come sleet or snow ? you must know a great deal about football. :uhoh:

You're just a fat bitter smelly old cunt.
Deirdre R
Bovine Darts Legend
 
Posts: 7544
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:35 pm
G Rating: G2

Re: Bobby Charlton, vastly under-rated

Postby Mr Fontin » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:42 pm

Deirdre R wrote:Mr Fontin showing himself up as usual. :?

We get it, mate.

You support some shitty little team that no-one cares about, you're one of the five fans in the ground, there every week, through wind and rai n, come sleet or snow ? you must know a great deal about football. :uhoh:

You're just a fat bitter smelly old cunt.

Its got fuck all to do with who I support. It's to do with stupid United Brand Clients re-writing history. They owe their success to the money they spend, they bought success as much as Blackburn, Arsenal, Chelsea or Leeds did. Football has always been about money men. People who say that billionaires running clubs as play things is something new are wrong. Historically most mega successful clubs were run by rich benefactors. In the olden days it was mill owners. Groups of millionaire mill owners would bankroll their local club for their own entertainment.

So fuck off you pathetic devil shagging cunt. Oh and i'm not old tbf and not really that bitter :smug:
Yes I am a member of the Football Supporters Federation.
Mr Fontin
Suspected Fantasist
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:56 pm
G Rating: G2

Re: Bobby Charlton, vastly under-rated

Postby Alf » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:43 pm

Schmelt? A little one?
Surrender or you'll die
Alf
King of teh internetz
 
Posts: 31683
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:23 pm
Location: Pissflap Street
G Rating: G1

Re: Bobby Charlton, vastly under-rated

Postby Mr Fontin » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:53 pm

Alf wrote:Schmelt? A little one?

Me? Never.
Well never say never. I did a little once. Can't remember what it was now.
Yes I am a member of the Football Supporters Federation.
Mr Fontin
Suspected Fantasist
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:56 pm
G Rating: G2

Re: Bobby Charlton, vastly under-rated

Postby Deirdre R » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:58 pm

In the olden days it was mill owners.
:uhoh:
Deirdre R
Bovine Darts Legend
 
Posts: 7544
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:35 pm
G Rating: G2

Re: Bobby Charlton, vastly under-rated

Postby C.F.L. » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:34 pm

ozymandias wrote:Ambassador Charlton, always on the brink of tears :adore:

Man Utd have occassional sensibles splurges, the value of which cannot be compared with other signings because clubs milk man utd dry (such is their bitterness) once they see that Man Utd's world famous scouting network has picked one of their players as potential man utd material. Veron aside, the big spends have always been worth it. Compare that to man city and chelsea, who spunked hundreds of millions in 1 transfer window, spending sums such as 26 million on lescott and thirty on milner :spaz: Chelsea did marginally better as they snaked any player man utd were after. Duff, Robben, Essien, all should have been man utd players. and it on was this hijacking of the years of effort and expertise that man utd put into their scouting that chelsea have built any of their success.


Yeah, Chelsea's scouting network had never even heard of Blackburn, PSV or Lyon.
C.F.L.
Meat Lucozade
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Bobby Charlton, vastly under-rated

Postby Deirdre R » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:04 pm

Yeah, that's exactly what he's said. :?
Deirdre R
Bovine Darts Legend
 
Posts: 7544
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:35 pm
G Rating: G2

Return to RIP Britain

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests